Monday, May 14, 2012

Springfield Doll Pink Dress, Hat, and Purse


This is the next outfit ready for my donation project. The dress pattern is from Maggie Crochet's Abby, Ally and Annie pattern available for purchase here. I wanted a hat for this outfit, so I decided to use the hat and the purse from Maggie's Little Miss Rosalie Pattern available for purchase here. At some point, I would like to make the dress from that pattern. After finishing another outfit based on the Abby, Ally, and Annie pattern that I will post later, I am working on Maggie's Ready for Spring Outfit available for purchase here.

Sadly, I have no promotion agreement with Maggie's Crochet. It would be lovely to get free patterns. However, I do get questions when I post patterns free or paid where others can find them. I think it is important to promote designers we like so they make more patterns we will enjoy. While I use many free 18" doll patterns this year, I have been going back to patterns I purchased and never got to make for inspiration for this project. I would love to see more 18" and Barbie crochet patterns printed in various weight sizes. Sadly, thread seems to be taking over and I am useless with it.

I am trying for a variety of outfits for this project. I want some basic play outfits, some historical, some dressy, and some holiday themed outfits. This dress is casual, but cute. It was surprisingly simple to create. This was only outfit left in the pattern I had not made.

I will say for the money, of all the patterns I have purchased the Abby, Allie, and Annie pattern is the one I have received the most value from buying. The outfits have worked up quickly and they provide a chance to modify and make the outfits look different. I have an outfit finished that I made modifying one of the patterns that I will post later in the week.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Doll Blankets and Pillow Patterns

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Pictures may not be used without written permission.





2 comments:

C.Mahan said...

Sunday's Best! So cute. I love the detail of the purse.

lifewithourblessings said...

This is adorable and love the idea.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers