Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Christmas brought Crochet and other goodies

It is wonderful when your husband supports your hobby. This year was no different and I got some new cool stuff to work on for both my donations and my holiday project for my relatives baby girl.

First off was the annual Crochet 2018 Day-to-Day Calendar which I already completed a doll blanket from that I'll be posting about later this week. My one disappointment is they've reprinted items from previous calendars. I did get a new doll outfit from one of my favorite doll designers so that was a plus.


I love fairy tales sets and like to make the toys and send them with the corresponding book. I was thrilled with the Three Little Pigs Playset

I have some of Amy Gaines Christmas ornaments so when I saw she had fairy tale patterns Little Red Riding Hood made it to my Christmas list.

Cradle purses were not a great success for me, but I saw Annie's Bassinet Baby and thought this might be a cute addition to the doll donation that I could actually make work for me.

The baby doll donation dolls now can have some holiday outfits 15" Christmas Outfit and Valentine's Day

There is no longer a concern about what lovey to crochet for St. Patrick's Day as I also got the Leprechaun Lovey pattern, which I will be working on for the St. Patrick's day package.

In post Christmas shopping I found a gift for my niece's bday from Herrschnerrs and they had a great shipping deal if you met their minimum. They also had a set of my Bates Bamboo hooks B-N on sale at quite a good price. After finding they'd discontinued my Bates Bamboo thread hooks I decided having a complete back up set of the regular hooks to make shipping was not a bad idea.

I also went wild at Knit Picks 40% off book sale picking up several ami titles along with a dishcloth book. Again I am a sucker for free shipping.

Amigurumi Parent and Baby Animals: Crochet soft and snuggly moms and dads with the cutest babies!


Amigurumi Winter Wonderland: 15 Original Crochet Patterns

Baby's Buddy Amigurumi | Crochet | Leisure Arts (6853)


Cute Crocheted Animals: 10 Well-Dressed Friends to Make

Leisure Arts, Dishcloths

Edward's Crochet Doll Emporium: Flip the Mix-and-Match Patterns to Make and Dress Your Favourite People

I found this book after I'd made my Christmas wishlist so it seemed like a great time to pick it up during a great book sale. Literary Yarns: Crochet Projects Inspired by Classic Books

I'm hoping to make some great stuff with all these inspiring patterns.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers