Thursday, April 1, 2021

Baby Rabbit Finger Puppet



When I finished the Mother Rabbit finger puppet I made a decision that I needed to pick up the pace if I wanted to be able to mail the package the Saturday before Easter. My choice was to make the last 3 heads all at once and then finish off the puppets individually.

One of the lessons I learned with Baby Rabbit is I make mistakes more easily the later it gets at night. I had no trouble finishing the heads without mistakes. However, you will notice Baby bunny's ears have a bigger block of pink than all the other bunnies. That was a result of making them late at night and sewing them on and finishing them off. It wasn't untl the next morning when I looked at all the bunnies lined up that I realized the baby had different ears but I wasn't going to cut them off and replace them. Baby Rabbit is just different from the other bunnies.



For those of you interested you can purchase the pattern here. The pattern suggests size 20 thread I used Red Heart Crochet, Thread Size 10 white, Aunt Lydia's Crochet Thread Size 10, Orchid Pink, and Aunt Lydia's Crochet Size 10 Thread, French Rose. I changed the bib color to Aunt Lydia's Crochet Thread, Size 10, Maize because I had left over yarn from an Our Generation doll project that I've been trying to finish off and I didn't have the color suggested by the pattern. The suggested 1.25mm hook worked with the size 10 thread.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers