Monday, July 15, 2024

Glitter Girl Empire Dress



My summer production of doll outfits has dropped of as our invitations to fun seasonal activities has been quite busy this year. I'm not complaining and the dolls as always will leave dressed. I perhaps will even be more engergized and refreshed as I work on my projects.

The Empire Dress is one of Char Caywood's Wellie Wisher patterns that can be purchased here.

The Glitter Girl has her own binder of crochet patterns and unlike previous years I've made a significant dent in the available patterns. She will leave with a decent wardrobe this year.

It turns out my investment in more size 3 crochet thread from a variety of different manufacturers has paid off as I seem to be using it quite a bit for a variety of doll projects.

Notes:

Size three crochet thread is from Aunt Lydia White and Warm Teal with Lizbeth Wild Flower as the contrasting color. I went with Teal as I didn't have any Parakeet which is a closer match to the Wild Flower. I used the suggested e hook through the entire project I'd consider using a D hook for the shoes as they are slightly large.

The underwear for this set was done in white. It is less likely to show through the dress, note for future projects.

I haven't always done the tie at mid waist for her outfits but it worked for this outfit and it was included.

My sleeves came out differently than the picture so I'd play with them next time to round them off in a cleaner manner as is pictured.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers