Monday, August 12, 2024

Lots to Love 14 Inch Baby Doll Swim Suit



This has been a wonderful, crazy, busy summer and even when I've finished stuff for the donation I haven't gotten around to taking pictures and writing it up. Stuff was piling up and it seemed like time to do a little cleaning by means of processing stuff. I'm slowly working my way through my target projects for 2024. Swim/Bathing suits has probably been one of my oldest projects for the dolls. However, as I've added more dolls I've had to work harder to try to include all of them in the challenge.

This is one of Char's 15 inch doll patterns. I'd previously used it for the JC 16 Inch baby dolls but decided to try it for the Lots to Love 14 Inch Baby Doll this year. You can purchase Char's pattern here. While I needed a J hook for the larger 16 inch baby doll using Herrschners Baby Worsted 4 in Kitten I was able to make this using the suggested H hook despite it being a smaller doll than the Bitty Baby the pattern was designed to fit.

I followed front of swim suit pattern until frow 12 and skipped from row 12-15 for both dolls as I found it was too big with the additional rows.

Ties and Trim for the front I used the contrast yarn. I liked the look better than continuing with the solid color.

Still playing with the hat as this isn't quite the look I want.

I used a G hook for the sandals.

I may go back to the bikini pattern for next year.



No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers