Monday, February 12, 2024

Our Generation Back to School



This project started with multiple misconceptions. First, I thought I'd made Adoring Doll's Back to School outfit, you can purchase here, before. Yet despite searching I can't find a record of making it and when I started making it didn't seem as familiar as I had thought. This is one of her early patterns and some of the pieces are constructed quite differently than some of her more recent stuff.

The second mistake I made is I wasn't looking for a Back to School outfit in my binder. With the heart on the shirt I had this pegged as a Valentine outfit and was quite confused when I couldn't locate a black jacketed Valentine outfit. When I searched her site and realized I had the name and intention wrong, sure enough I found it in my Adoring Doll pattern binder. I'm still using it for the Our Generation's Valentine holiday outfit. It works well for my theme.

Notes:

I used the suggested g hook for the boots. I find I need a smaller hook for the our Generation doll feet then the My Life. Just my experience. I tend to have to go up one to two hooks for the My Life depending on the shoes.

The outfit required an I hook to get it to fit the doll.

This is my favorite heart. I am currently working on another of her Valentine outfits for the My Life doll that uses a slightly different heart motif and I'd come back to this one next time. It just works up better and finishes nicer.

I love the jacket, especially in black for this outfit. The one item I really wasn't thrilled with was the skirt. I would use a substitute if I come back to this next year as the construction for the waist and skirt just didn't sit right.

6 comments:

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

I really love this handmade doll outfit. My daughter used to have these dolls when she was younger and would have loved this outfit

Sum of their Stories said...

She looks fantastic in her lovely heart top and cool jacket.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

How cute! I have a doll like that, but blond, and she has a pink and white crocheted dress that my grandmother made for her, very similar to that dress! It really made me smile when I saw her in the Homestead Blog Hop linkup! xx

Sheltie Times said...

I started making clothes for my nieces dolls. When they outgrew the dolls I moved on to donating the "knock" off versions with clothes to charity.

Stephanie said...

This is super adorable. You always make the cutest handmade doll clothes. :) Thank you for sharing with us at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #25. :)

Stephanie said...

I'm back to let you know that your post will be featured at The Crazy Little Love Birds link party #26 tomorrow. :) Thank you for joining us.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers