Friday, February 16, 2024

Barbie Dress



I'm always on the look out for new patterns for the doll donations and lately I've been in favor of ones that have the look of something that would be easier to finish rather than challenge patterns. I have binders of patterns in the challenge range but for the donation it helps just to have some patterns I can finish and get some items in the donation bags.

This is another Michelle Ratman pattern you can purchase here.

This pattern calls for Grace Patons cotton yarn. I've been trying to use stash yarn on hand for doll projects when possible. I settled on some Sinfonia sport cotton I had previously purchased for ami projects. I believe this is forest green but since I no longer have the paper cover I can't confirm that.

Notes:

This pattern starts out feeling like it will be way to large for the doll. However my suggestion is before changing hook or yarn wait until you make the arm holes to determine what you wish to change.

I ended up changing from a g hook to an e hook and the fit was better for the doll.

This pattern makes a dress that slides on and off so it requires no butttons or snaps.

For those who don't like working with thread and want a quick outfit for Barbie this is a great little pattern. I will continue to use it for the donation as it works up quick and it is easy to get on and off the doll.

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Another beautiful project. I'm always in awe at how many outfits you make for donations! Such a kind thing to do. :)

Stephanie said...

I love the color you went with for her dress! :)
Thank you for sharing with us at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #25.

Sum of their Stories said...

Barbie looks lovely in her dress. I think the fact this slips on easily without fastenings gives it great play value too.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers