Thursday, February 22, 2024

Skipper Mermaid



Last month I wrote about making this outfit for Barbie. You can find the free pattern here.

I decided to see if I could adapt the pattern for Skipper using Caron Simply Soft Paints Oceana that I had left in my stash and seemed like it might be a good fit for this project.

To make this fit Skipper I had to make some adjuatments to the original Barbie pattern as she is a smaller doll.

Notes:

I used an E hook for this project and the lighter Caron Simply Soft Paints rather than the Mary Maxim Prism I had used for Barbie.

These changes were enough for making the top fit.

The tail was long for Skipper so I needed to adjust the pattern. I followed the tail pattern and stopped at row 27 as this was the length best suited for Skipper. I finished the tail with row 33. I made the fins and added them as described in the pattern. They fit fine.

4 comments:

Jayne said...

Such a cute mermaid outfit. I love the Caron Simply Soft Paints Oceana yarn that you have used.

Stephanie said...

This is adorable! Your consistent ability to craft adorable creations never fails to impress. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #26.

Healing Bytes said...

This is so gorgeous, I love the choice of colors.

Sum of their Stories said...

This is super cute, and this is the perfect yarn for it.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers