Monday, August 26, 2024

Glitter Girl Camping Outfit





This was one of those outfits that kept building as I was working on it for the Glitter Girl. I started by making Adoring Doll's sleeping bag as part of her camping pattern which can be purchased here. I don't make the camping accessories because I've been purchasing the Glitter Girl Campfire set when I can get it on sale for the donation.

The pattern also includes a shawl and headband and I thought they'd be fun to try. Having made them I realized I was far from an outfit so I kept looking for more pieces.

The pants are from another Adoring Doll Pattern found here. I hope to finish the complete outfit with a different colorered pants to give more options for mixing and matching before the donation deadline.

The sweater is from a Wellie Wisher three sleeve length pattern that can be purchased here. I had hoped to get a long sleeved sweater for the donation from this set but I couldn't get the sleeves to fit the arms so I went with the sleeveless option. If I hadn't been to the point of wanting to be done with the set I might have experimented with crocheting the sleeves on and trying to establish the pattern. It is an idea to try for the future but I needed this outfit to be done.

Notes:

Shawl: An f hook with worsted works for the Glitter Girl. Use an H hook accidently and you have a shawl for the 18" dolls.

Pants: G Hook worsted weight yarn. Add three rows to the waist before splitting for legs as the waist line was short for me.

Sweater: Knit Picks Pallete Yarn with a D hook. You will add rows to back before closing so don't panic if it is snugger than normal.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers