Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Barbie Crop Top and Shorts



I made myself a promise this year that I'd work through my doll binders and find projects that I'd neglected that I thought I could actually complete for this year's donation. While going through my Barbie binder I found an old patterne that seemed like a good one to work on when I needed something quick and simple. This one was perfect because it offered a simple project and it had three sizes of the Barbies with limited changes so it was a great way to add projects to the donation bags.

This is an out of print pattern from Annie's Fashion Doll Crochet Club FCO104. I truly wish Annie could find a way to reprint these patterns in digital format for purchase as they are often ridiculously priced in the used pattern market. I like them because they vary from simple projects like this to fancy detailed outfits I'll never make but there is variety for all levels and interests.

I've learned working with Barbie's that I always need to test the outfit against my current model doll as the dolls can change. I'm donating a Ken and Barbie that don't really do well with the older patterns I have but the current models seem to do quite well. I'm only hoping when I have to get the next model when my supply of these current models runs out still fit these older patterns without the drastic changes I'd had to do for the previous dolls.

Notes:

I used baby yarn for this pattern. Herrschners baby 3 for the solid and Lion Brand Ice Cream 3 for the shirt.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers