Friday, September 24, 2010

Vintage Pattern Hunting


If you read my blog on a regular basis you know I love hunting for out of print patterns. People define vintage differently, but I like finding out of print toy, doll, and house patterns at different places. It is one of the things I do when I am trying to find a new way of writing something, waiting to hear from a client, or just relax when finished.

Since I am approaching the holiday season where I need to start buying gifts, I am not sure if it is a good thing or not, but I haven't found many new items that make me want to buy. I have acquired quite a pattern selection and I have not had as much time to work on doll's clothes which is a huge part of the market I have been researching.

I have noticed a decrease though in the available Annie's Crochet Newsletters available. It could be because I am looking for specific editions now that I have collected quite a few. It also could be that people are selling them in places that will bring a higher price like eBay and other auction sites I don't visit that often.

So for now I am accepting my lack of success as a good thing. With holidays and birthdays coming up, it is likely better not to be tempted.

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers