Friday, December 16, 2011

Cats Afghan Work in Progress


I have been blogging about this project for a while, but this is the first time I stopped to take a picture. I still do not take the best pictures with my phone, but I am able to take more pictures than before. This at least gives an idea of the mosaic pattern that the afghan is forming.

The pattern comes from a November/December 1997 Hooked on Crochet magazine. I am not sure if there is a free version available online. I tried doing this once without yarn bobbins and it was a disaster. My Mom kindly introduced me to the wonders of yarn bobbins and while this project has had its challenges the outcome has been more positive.


I am still coming down to the deadline. Not sure if this present will make the Christmas Eve finish, but it is going to be a close finish I am sure. I am sure I can have it done before the New Year.

Check out the Holiday Blogs and Special Event Blogs for More Patterns:

Afghan Patterns

Baby Blankets

Christmas






Halloween

Patriotic

Toy Themed Afghans

Valentines

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

5 comments:

Joy said...

This is AWESOME! I love it!!

thehappycrochetchic said...

Wow! This looks cool and very hard!! U r uber talented!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great afghan! Good job.

Megs said...

I have been looking for this pattern! I haven't been able to find it or the magazine. are you allowed to post it? I found it on Raverly but the pattern isn't available anymore. thanks.

Sheltie Times said...

I can't violate copywrite and provide you with the pattern. However, I wouldn't give up looking for the pattern. There are lots of legit sites on the web that sell old crochet magazines. I just found a Quick & Easy crochet magazine with the one of the Nursery Rhyme 18" doll patterns I've been seeking for a couple of years at a price I was willing to pay. Hooked on Crochets are out there and tend to be at the lower end of the price scale.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers