Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Doll Blanket for 18" Doll




I needed a quick doll blanket to make for my doll donation project and found I had bought a pattern book I had forgotten from one of my vintage sources. This is a pattern called the "Dolls Big Granny Square Blanket" published in a Lion Brand leaflet Sweet Doll Afghans leaflet number 89602 promoting their Jamie yarn.

This was a great stash busting project for me. I used up scraps of blue Caron One Pound and Red Heart Super Saver variegated yarn I had left over from an afghan project. I have frogged a previous doll blanket I was making for a relative and will be using this pattern to complete the blanket I need for Christmas. The booklet includes patterns for doll blankets in traditional granny squares and a ripple pattern along with Barbie doll clothes. If you find a listing for this booklet, it is well worth picking up. I had originally purchased it for the Barbie patterns. However, the blankets have been of more use as they are designed for the larger dolls, not Barbie.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Doll Blankets and Pillow Patterns


Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Love the blanket, the pattern booklet sounds like a good one to have.

Ann said...

Have you seen this knitting site
http://www.stickatillbarbie.se/
I got the Barbie and Kelly patterns from here, there are lots.

C.Mahan said...

Super cute! Love your crafts. I am going to get the sewing table from my mother-in-law so I can finally put the sewing machine my mother gave me to use. I am so out of practice. I downloaded a bunch of 18" doll patterns after trying to find some clothes for lil m 18" girl doll for Christmas. I would like to get back in the crochet world, knitting hurts my hands too much with the typing I have to do all day. I might have to try again though, I had fun with it!

Anonymous said...

That looks really nice. Exactly what every little girl wants for her doll!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers