Thursday, December 29, 2011

Craft Coupons There is an App for That

After my cell phone died, my DH and I decided to leave the dinosaur ages of phones and enter the world of smart phones. I had intended to buy a basic phone, but the current promotions actually made the smart phones an affordable alternative.

I have slowly been exploring what this phone can do. I was pleasantly surprised to find that some of the free apps available include ones for JoAnn Stores and Michaels. I frequent these stores regularly and always cut out the coupons or download the ones that come to my email box. The problem is that on occasion, I forget to bring the coupons with me or I make a stop that I had not planned on making and am without my coupons. The free app lets me download coupons targeted to smart phone users.

For instance, this week I had a paper coupon for JoAnn's that was a 40% off one non-sale item in the store. The sales clerk informed me the 50% coupon on my phone was only available to smart phone users. I had not missed it when I was cutting paper coupons. I was able to give my paper coupon to my shopping companion and use my smart phone one for myself.

I will still be cutting coupons and comparing the best offers available. I have not been able to find an app for AC Moore, which is the store I do most of my brick and mortar craft shopping at yet. I hope that that will change, as they are the coupons I most frequently forget.

This is just one more way to save a little cash and increase our craft dollars.

1 comment:

C.Mahan said...

I have a lot of coupon apps on my iPhone. I love them. I have a coupon binder too, but I don't have access to a lot of coupons except those on the internet, so I often forget my binder.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers