Monday, December 5, 2011

The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet

I borrowed the The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet: *All You Need to Know to Crochet from the library to preview. This is now on my list of books to buy.

I wish I had this book when I was learning, but it also covers techniques and patterns for stitches I still want to learn. My learning style leans towards photographs over drawings or written descriptions. I do better when I can see what the author is trying to describe. This book provides up close illustrations of basic and more advanced techniques for readers to pursue.

For those interested in learning to read diagrams, this book explains the diagrams and then includes the diagrams along with written directions for the patterns in the book.

I am going to see if our library has the knitting book to preview. I have blogged at great lengths about my knitting challenges. However, I have not purchased a photograph book yet. It might be useful to try out The Complete Photo Guide to Knitting: *All You Need to Know to Knit
along with Teach Yourself VISUALLY Knitting if I can find them at the library first.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

I learned how to crochet from a friend. I can not do too much because I never kept up with it. I tried to knit too but that absolutely didn't go over... at. all.

I wish you luck in your knitting adventures and look forward to reading about how well you are doing after you find a book that you find helpful.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers