Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Reindeer Ornament




This reindeer is part of Amy Gaines' Woodland Christmas Ornament Pattern set that my husband bought for me as a Christmas present.

I did well in 2010 getting Christmas ornaments made to send with Christmas packages. This past year was more of a year of experimentation with different types of projects and I realized too late that I was not going to finish ornaments to include in my packages. New Year's Eve and day, I needed some small projects to work on so I decided to get a jump start on my ornament projects for 2012.

I did alter the pattern slightly. First I am still stash busting so I used Red Heart Super Saver instead of Lion Brand's Vanna's Choice. While I love the feel of Vanna's I am quite happy with the outcome in Red Heart. I also sewed premade pom poms. I have a miserable time making them and the premade ones were fine. I used safety eyes for the eyes and the nose. I avoid embroidery on the ami's when I can. Last, since I was going to use this as an ornament I chose not to add the legs. Since it is made with worsted weight, it is not a tiny or light ornament for the tree. If I were making it as an ami for a child's toy or as the basis for a finger puppet, I would include the legs. I decided for an ornament that I would try to keep it from being tangled in the branches.

If you arrived here looking for free Christmas patterns please check out the following pages:

Free Knit and Crochet Ornament Patterns

Free Knit and Crochet Christmas Patterns

Free Plastic Canvas Christmas Patterns

Pictures may not be used without written permission.


No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers