Monday, July 9, 2012

Birthday Presents

I read about some husbands displeasure of their wives hobbies and I realize how blessed I am to have a supportive husband. As part of my birthday presents I got some items off my wish list for crochet and looming books/patterns.

I got one of the two loom knitting books on my wish list, Loom Knitting Scarves, Hats, Bags & More: 40 Simple and Snuggly No-Needle Designs for All Loom Knitters that I had borrowed from the library. I plan to review this book later, but I was very pleased to find it had made the cut.

The second book helped me decide on my Crochetville Olympic challenge. Tasty Cute: 25 Amigurumi Gourmet Treats has some adorable food crochet patterns I do not currently have in my collection. I decided my project is going to be a play food theme to donate along with the doll donation. I have to work out the details, but this book was the inspiration for the choice.

As for e-patterns, this year I got two that will be fun to work on for Christmas or birthday projects depending on my schedule. They also would be cute donation projects. I got the Fox in the Car pattern that I have looked at for a while. I waited to purchase it until I completed the bear in the plane pattern. Her work is challenging, but within my range to finish. The second pattern was a Hello Kitty in a plane. I am always looking for new ideas for the Kitty as I have family members who love the toys.


No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers