Monday, March 16, 2020

Rabbit in a Carrot Sleeping Bag



I've been slowly collecting patterns by this designer as they are perfect little presents to add to packages. I received this pattern as a Valentine's present and set out to make it right away for the Easter package. You can purchase the pattern here.


There are tons of patterns free and paid on the market. I love these patterns because the ones I've made are simple to make up and they all have little accessories that add some fun for little ones play time. I previously made the dog with bed for a birthday present and I've been collecting the holiday themed patterns to use for my holiday packages.


Thanks to a friend's search for eyes I found pink noses from CR Crafts here. I've been able to find my eyes and regular noses locally for the most part but colored noses have been elusive and I usually need to get those online. This way I can remember where I ordered them from when I run out. I have no idea where my previous supply came from so had no ability to reorder.


Additional notes:

I'd make the carrot wider for several rows and slightly longer before reducing the rows to the point. While you want the carrot to be tight so rabbit doesn't fall out, you also want it to be easy to get the rabbit all the way in and out.

I liked the grey rabbit. White was too white against the orange. The brown was OK but I think perhaps an off white if I needed a second rabbit again.

8 comments:

Southern Sunflowers said...

Your crochet bunny and carrot are absolutely adorable! Perfect for a small gift, Easter basket or gift topper. Visiting from Little Cottage party.

Kristen of A Mom's Quest to Teach said...

This little bunny is so cute! What an adorable little gift this would make.

XmasDolly said...

You are very talented & what a great job you did on this one for Easter. I can crochet, but nowhere as good as you. I just finished a ponytail hat... where you can pull your ponytail out of the hole in the hat that my granddaughter wanted. Thanks for sharing your amazing ability.

Reidland Family said...

How adorable!

betty-NZ said...

What a fabulous Easter idea! I used to crochet a lot but maybe I should start again :)


Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

Sum of their Stories said...

Oh my goodness, this is ridiculously cute!!

RunRanFam said...

So cute! What a great collection of patterns you have assembled here! Thanks!

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

How adorable! Thanks so much for linking up with me at #AThemedLinkup 14 for Spring Crafts and Decor, open March 29 to April 10. All entries shared on social media if share buttons installed.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers