Thursday, March 12, 2020

Royal Bunny Finger Puppets


I made these once before but I wasn't quite pleased with how they came out so I wanted another crack at them. You can find the free pattern here.

The changes:

I have had these sew on googly eyes for some time now but generally I've either used safety eyes for my ami's or sewn eyes. However for finger puppets saftey eyes are not an option. This project seemed the perfect chance to try out the googly eyes.

I used the ears from the Spring Finger Puppet pattern found here. They are made in one piece and much easier to sew on and I find they stay up better. I experimented with the arms sewing them long wise instead of in the round. The king's arms ended up being a better length I started with a chain 8 with sc in each stitch and dc in same place on end to make hand. The queen was an experiment and too long but we live and learn.

The crown was also an experiment. I followed the prescribed number of chain stitches and did a row of sc. For the next row I dc in first stitch skipped stitch slip stitch dc in next stitch and repeated around.

These are my personal notes as a backup should I lose my notes.



2 comments:

Dee | Grammy's Grid said...

Very cute! Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 10, open March 1 to 26. All entries shared on social media if share buttons installed.

Dee | Grammy's Grid said...

Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up with me at #AThemedLinkup 14 for Spring Crafts and Decor, open March 29 to April 10. All entries shared on social media if share buttons installed.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers