Thursday, March 19, 2020

Baby Isabella


I'm always looking for doll crochet patterns that can be adapted to fit theJC Toys, La Baby 16-inch Pink Doll to give me more variety in the donations I can make.

I purchased the Baby Isabella pattern at Mary Maxim here. Lots to Love Babies 14 inch Baby Dollis the doll used in the original pattern but I thought I'd give it a try.

Notes:

The pattern calls for baby yarn I used worsted weight and increased from a D to an H hook. I think if I try this pattern again I'd try a lighter yarn with a larger hook to make it fit. The worsted yarn is a little bulky for this pattern. I switched from an H to a G hook for the skirt which helped but it was still bulky.

The bonnet actually fit using a g hook and the pattern as described with the worsted weight yarn.

I did not use the shoe pattern as this doll's feet are hard to fit so I went back to Peechy Keen for the shoes a free pattern that can be found here. Not sure what was up with my gauge when I was making these but I had to go up to a J hook to make them fit. I note this because yesterday I want looking to see if I had any notes on hook size regarding these and couldn't find any, so now I know at least at one point I did need to go up from an I to a J.

I love the texture of this pattern. It is a unique stitch style I hadn't tried before and I like the outcome. I'd like to experiment with it again.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers