Monday, October 2, 2023

Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Thread Dress with Short Jacket



This is one of Char's patterns that you can purchase here not specifically designed for the Lots to Love 8 inch Baby doll.

I am used to patterns not being specific to the doll I'm working with so when the original directions were to small I started working on adaptations as I liked the look of the dress and thought it would be a nice addition to the doll's donation wardrobe.

Notes:

One of the first things I realized after playing with hook size and crochet thread size 10 was that I would need to change thread size to get the outfit to fit. I had purchased a supply of size 3 and I decided on Thread Art's Light Pink and Aunt Lydia's White.



Dress:

I used my Tulip Etimo 2.2 mm thread hook for rows 1-5, changing to my 1.75mm hook for rows 6-15. This made the dress slide on over the body of the doll. Even with the bigger thread size the doll is rounder in certain areas than the target doll perhaps?

Bottoms:

1.8mm Hook

Hat:

1.5mm hook

Booties:

1.5 mm hook

Reminder to myself these booties are formed differently than most. They start at toe not from bottom. They work up fine but this confused me when I started and I add this note so when I approach this project again I remember what I did and how it worked.

Jacket: 1.8mm Hook

I used a sc trim around the neck. I think do to the size difference in the dolls I couldn't get the trim to work with the neck of the doll I had.

Reminder to myself to order more 4mm pearl buttons.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers