Wednesday, December 30, 2015

American Girl Sweater and Skirt


I made a pledge when a friend gave me his sister's yarn that I would use at least some of it towards getting doll clothes made for this year's donation. Up next I have the first doll sweater I made with the yarn along with a simple skirt. The sweater was made using the out of print Sweater Trio pattern FCM494 from Fibre Craft. The skirt pattern is actually the pants pattern from Maggie's Crochet Abby, Allie & Annie PA972-R that I adapted by adding extra rows instead of making the leg rows.

I've made this outfit several times over the years and it is a simple, but fun addition to the doll donation. The sweater and skirt easily change with other pants and tops I make to increase the number of outfits the new owner will be able to create as she plays with the doll.

I'm working on my next doll outfit. I'm currently untangling a big yarn tangle that is holding up the project. When that is resolved I hope to push forward and finish the next outfit.

DH was kind enough to pick up some new patterns to add to my supply and I'll be talking more about those soon I'm sure.



No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers