Tuesday, November 16, 2021

My Life Harriet



This is another one of Darski's free patterns you can find here. I've been looking for patterns that have been sitting in my doll binders that I've either never made or not made in years. This is one I made once many years ago and never gone back to so it seemed a good time to revisit. I'm working on the companion dress hoping to make it for this year's deadline. If not next year will work as well.

This outfit was made with Caron One Pound Yarn - Medium Grey Mix and Bernat Super Value Yarn, Navy. My supply of worsted brands varies based on sales and availability and I try to "shop" from my stash whenever possible for my doll projects. These colors were both in my yarn stash so they were my go to yarns for the outfit.

I ended up adding a few rows to the top to make it slightly longer and a few to the skirt as I wanted the long skirt pictured in the pattern. Mine ended up shorter following the pattern and it was easy enough to add some rows.

I went a size up on hook size for the top but stayed with the suggested size for the skirt. I did not use elastic for the skirt. I did add a finishing row of sc to the top of the skirt.

When I make this again I'd like to remember to make the scarf. It is a nice accessory for the outfit and I always seem to forget it.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers