Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Glitter Girl Selena Dress



When I wanted to add a doll to the donation this year I went with a Glitter Girl doll because I wanted a different sized doll that I could find crochet patterns close enough to adapt.

After doing some research I discovered that the American Girl Wellie Wishers Doll was fairly close in size to the Glitter Girl doll and when I started practicing with free patterns and found they fit I felt confident in moving on to buying patterns designed for the Wellie Wishers doll.

This pattern is Little Abbee's Selena Dress pattern and can be purchased here.

I used Knit Picks Palette Yarn that I replaced during one of their sales after I finished off my ancient supply making doll clothes. I started with an F hook and switched to an E hook. As I mentioned I've had a weird guage lately and this doll is not terribly forgiving when putting clothes on and off so I wanted to make it an easy fit without looking bulky.

For the closing in the back I went with a snap over buttons.

1 comment:

Shasarignis said...

Hi, sometime it can be hard to use the Green color. But I Thank that your dress is very nice. (Shasarignis) 🥰🥰🥰

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers