Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Snowman Ornament



I always try to get the Christmas ornaments out with the Thanksgiving boxes. For those of you who hate to see the holidays rushed I agree with you. However, this allows for the ornaments to make it on this year's tree without the pressure of me trying to get the Christmas box out really early so the Christmas ornaments make it to the tree. I don't expect them to see the light until tree day, as I'm sure Mom will put them away, but this way she has them when the day comes rather than having them show up after the tree is done.

I had purchased Amigurumi Christmas Ornaments because I wanted more simple options for amigurumi style ornaments. This always ends up being a busy time of year so having quick to make ornaments that are still cute is a plus.

I started with the snowman as a break from a thread turkey I'm making. It was nice to return to a g hook and worsted weight yarn. This was a really quick project and I was able to use up yarn on hand to finish the ornament. I did not use the metal hooks for the top of the ornaments as these are going to children, I crocheted a hook that a metal ornament hook can be added to as I thought this was a safer option. The metal could be glued in but there is always the option that it can release from the yarn and stab a small one.

I used saftey eyes which differs from the pattern and since I'm currently crocheting with size 10 thread for a turkey thread I used the orange thread for the nose rather than yarn. It made for a more detailed nose.

One ornament down, two to go. I'm going to continue alternating between the smaller Thanksgiving projects and the larger ornaments to keep my hands healthy and happy.

2 comments:

RecycleCindy said...

Your snowman ornament turned out super cute!

Kim Carberry said...

Aww! This is so cute. What a lovely ornament. x

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers