Thursday, June 27, 2024

My Life Sleeping Bag



The My Life dolls are on the board for the sleeping bag challenge of the doll donation. I am down to two more sleeping bags required for the 2025 donation. I need one more for the My Life dolls and one for the Glitter Girl.

These make great travel, waiting, sitting projects when you don't have time to read patterns but you do want something to keep your hands busy.

I usually try to finish the pillow section as it requires stuffing and counting rows. Once beyond the pillow I try to get it to where the pattern forms and then I find it is ready for a travel project. I don't bother counting rows, although I still mark the start of the row and count shells to make sure I'm on track with the pattern. I just try it on my model doll as I think I'm getting close to it being long enough to finish it off.

I got this one close to being done and put it aside this weekend while at a cookout. I didn't want it to be too long and was able to finish it off when I got home. I have another one started for the last of the My Life dolls. As I mentioned before I worked the pattern until it repeats and now it is an easy travel project ready to take with me when I'm in need of something to keep my hands busy.

The Glitter Girl pattern is slightly different as it is from Adoring Dolls and formed some what differently. I've only made it once so we will see if it is useful for a travel project.

Notes:

This is a free pattern you can find here. I used Red Heart Super Saver Ombres Violet for this bag and I would use it again for next year if they are still selling it. The color worked nicely for this project.

I need a K hook to make this work for the 18 inch dolls.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers