Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Barbie Sleeping Bag



I'm quite excited to be able to see the end of the sleeping bags for the 2024 donation.

With this bag the fashion dolls all have their sleeping bags. I have three more to make for the 2 My Life Dolls and the Glitter Girl and I will be done with the bags for the year. It is a fun accessory to add to the donation and not terribly difficult to make. I just like finishing off the projects that go across multiple dolls as early in the year as possible. It prevents me runnig into the November deadline.

The free pattern for the sleeping bag can be found here. This however does not include the shells. The directions for the shell version work easily on all the sleeping bags but are found on the free Beanie sleeping bag variation found here. I like the texture the shells produce and it breaks the boredom of constant sc rows.

Notes:

I used an I hook with this sleeping bag.

Hunting through my stash I came across some Red Heart Ombres Jazzy that had the pink shades I wanted.

I don't count rows for these bags I keep a doll in my travel bag and keep measuring the doll in the bag until it feels like its a good fit.

I have started making a note on my phone about how many shells I'm supposed to have in each row as I found when I was making the Rag Doll I added shells. It wasn't as much of an issue with this bag but I still have the note on my phone so if I need to count it is there for future sleeping bags.

I have another round of appointments coming up so I need to get another one started before I head out. I prefer to get the pillow made and sealed before it leaves the house as the pillow has to be stuffed. I do have a closed pocket in my project bag with stuffing just in case I need to work on the go but it isn't my favorite way of working these projects on the go.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love the pink shade tones that you chose. Thank you for sharing your project with us at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #41.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers