Monday, June 3, 2024

Our Generation Boy Doctor



There aren't many patterns written specifically for the male 18 inch dolls but there are enough generic patterns that I'm finding myself with a fairly decent wardrobe for the Our Generation boy doll this year.

This pattern is Adoring Doll's Doctor Scrubs pattern that also comes with a lab coat I've yet to make fit. It's on my to do list but I went up a hook size and it was still small this round so I clearly have work to do when I have more time to devote to it. For now the doctor scrubs seemed a good outfit to send along. You can purchase the set here.

I made this a few years ago for the My Life doll and the notes were helpful in making the outfit again for the Our Generation Boy. I made some additional changes specific to the boy and will add the previous notes I'd made for the My Life doll as I will likely visit this pattern again.

Notes:

Shirt:

In my previous notes I suggested trying an H hook and I went with that suggestion. For future projects I'd check the length of the shirt. It feels a bit long. I used a G hook for the sleeves. The pocket for the shirt was made ith a F Hook.

Pants:

I used an H hook as I did with the My Life doll and the waist fit was good. The legs were too long and I went with 36 instead of 38 rows for the legs.

Mask:

As per my previous notes I used an H hook for the mask and a D hook for the ear loops.

Shoes:

I find Adoring Doll's shoes seem to fit with the suggested hook size so I used the G hook for the shoes.

Hat:

I had suggested trying an H hook for the hat next time and the fit was good. My main challenge was running out of Red Heart Turqua and having to subsitute Herchnerrs Worsted 4 Turquoise to finish the hat. While it worked fine for the hat it is slightly lighter than the Red Heart. I don't think the pants or the shirt would have fit had I made it with the lighter yarn.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers