Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Spring Petal Dress



I loved the look of this pattern but the dress and items looked heavier than what I expected from most baby doll patterns of this size. The pattern called for cotton fingering yarn and while I didn't have any of the brand suggested I tried various brands until I started up my acrylic ladder to full worsted with a G hook to get it to fit my doll.

Now this is the challenge of buying outfits designed for one doll and hoping they will fit your doll. This is designed for the AG Caring for Baby doll and you can purchase the pattern here.

One of the advantages of working with so many different dolls is I am used to having to adapt patterns and I rather liked the textured feel of this outfit and I wanted to add it to the donation bag.

Notes:

This was made with a ball of worsted from my let's finish off pile. It has to be Red Heart or Caron.

The dress required a G hook.

The bloomers started the waist with an H hook and switched to an e once the waist was created.

I was concerned the G would make the shoes large but the fit as written and didn't fall off.



I took an extra picture of the hat because I really liked the flower. I think mine might be more 3-D than the designers but I still really liked it and I'm always needing flowers to add to doll clothes were the designer has one on the outfit and then a link to go somewhere else that may or may not still be current. This one would work for a couple of outfits that I have been struggling with what to add.

It is odd that I went through the entire range of yarn trying to get this outfit to fit as I'm going through a similiar issue with a winter outfit for the Our Generation Boy. I once again started with my fingering yarn and am working my way up to worsted weight. We will see if that project comes to a finish.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers