Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wednesday, September 9, 2026
Chelsea Sun Dress
Last year I picked up a collection of AG mini crochet patterns from Sweet Silver Creations that follow many of her full sized American Girl patterns. This one is only sold in the set not as an individual pattern. You can purchase the set here.
I've been slowly working to adapt these patterns to fit the Chelsea doll.
Notes:
I used size 20 thread and a .75mm hook for this project.
There are several additional accessories I didn't include. I've yet to find a crochet shoe pattern that fits the Barbie dolls well. I've made this hat for the 18 inch dolls and if you are going to display the dolls I suspect it would work but it doesn't stay on easily. The purse is a bit large for Chelsea and I really had no desire to try it in size 20 with a .75mm hook.
That said I do like this pattern and would use it again. It is a quick dress for Chelsea. The dress closes with a snap and the front buttons are mini buttons I picked up a while back. It might be time to consider a new batch as my color selection is a bit limited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment