Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wednesday, September 2, 2026
16 Inch Baby Doll Linmary Dress
This one took me much longer than I expected as I kept making unexpected changes.
The dress set is a free Linmary Knits crochet pattern found here. The shoes are from one of Darski's sets found here. Notes:
I've made a number of notes on hook size over the years. This year with the exception of the shoes, everything required an e hook. I used an J hook for the shoes.
This pattern uses UK crochet terms and I have notes all over my pattern to remind myself not to use US crochet stitches as it is a whole different outfit.
Dress:
I added 5 additional rows and an additional contrast row to the bodice for length prior to adding the skirt. To help myself keep track I have notes on the pattern regarding the repeats as they are not written out and with multiple repeats and row changes for each repeat I lose track. I finished the neck and the arm holes decreasing both as I found them a bit big this time.
I do not crochet in the back stitches for the bodice. I tried it this year and frogged it as it was not a good look.
Hat:
I had to stick with the e hook for the entire hat. I tried the notes I had on the pattern but the hat was huge. I believe this is how the Our Generation Boy ended up with a sun hat last year for his swim trunks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment