Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Friday, September 11, 2026
Our Generation School Uniform
Not to late to add a back to school outfit for the donation.
This is one of Sweet Silver Creation's patterns that can be purchased here.
I'be been using this shoe pattern for several of my outfits that need a shoe without a strap for years. I couldn't find any blog notes about this project but I do know I'd made it for one of my nieces years ago. I confirmed it when I found notes on my printed pattern regarding the repeats for the skirt.
Notes:
I follow my traditional method for splitting for arm holes rather than the pattern suggestion. I've never had an issue with her other patterns making this change and it saves sewing in more ends.
The top section and the skirt are created separately and joined at the end.
The arms are premade and set into the arm holes. I crocheted into the back loops of the arm hole and recreated the arms that way. I had better success with one arm than the other but this is something I can work on as I've never had great success setting the arms in after I've made them.
I had a note I should use an f hook for the shoes, I'd go back to the previous note that suggests an e hook.
This picture is a reminder about setting the skirt after crocheting it. I crocheted around the bottom of the skirt with sc and then finished the top of the skirt sc around the inner sides of the skirt before completely sewing the skirt closed.
I then pinned the skirt to the top. I found I couldn't completely join the top to the skirt and be able to get the outfit on and off easily thus the picture below.
The headband worked as written.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment