Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Peachy Keen Baby Doll


I've been looking at this set since it was posted and thinking I love it but I'll never get to it. You can find the free pattern here.

Well never arrived with the Big Sister project and I loved this outfit. I think what sold me on it was the jacket. It reminded me of the formal church coats from my childhood. We had play coats to wear outside and get dirty, but there was a "nice" coat we were supposed to keep clean and wear for special occasions like going to church. I doubt I ever owned one in pink or peach as the pattern called for, but I do remember them being more formal than the zippered jackets we wore most of the time. They generally were cloth, mostly wool and they buttoned.


I went with pink for this outfit because I am determined to decrease my stash and I had some that was perfect for this project that I really wanted to start using up. This is one of my favorite outfits of the Big Sister project. Partly because I stepped out and did something I didn't think I would do. The other reason is it brought back some happy childhood memories. My thanks to Darski as always for all her wonderful patterns that made this project so much fun.

For those of you following along, the baby has shoes.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers