Friday, January 31, 2020

Doll Diaper Bag Items



Twas the Week before Christmas...

I mentioned in the doll diaper post, I was concerned when I did inventory before dropping off the 2019 doll donation that I hadn't finished all the baby doll items that I needed for the donation. This motivated me to start with them this year. I wanted these items done and out of the way before moving on to the bigger items like the doll carriers and the clothing for the donation.

I was quite excited to find that the baby dolls I ordered for the 2020 donation come with magic disappearing liquid bottles so no need to crochet bottles this year. Just one less item for me to add to my crochet list.

For those of you interested in the patterns, the bib is a quick and easy free pattern found here. One of the challenges with working with baby dolls is few people are writing for your specific baby doll so I'm used to adapting to fit the doll. To fit the JC Toys, La Baby 16-inch Pink I have to chain 16 to start and do 20 rows before doing the shaping row. When I get to the shaping row, I do the shaping at both ends and ss until I get to the shaping stitches described in the smaller pattern. I hope this helps for anyone trying to adapt to their doll. It is a great deal about trial and error to get stuff to fit the different sized dolls.

The wipes and the changing pads are available as part of set to purchase here. I love the ability to add creative play items to the donation every year.





3 comments:

Maya Kuzman said...

These are so sweet and you are so kind to make them as a donation!!!

Kristen of A Mom's Quest to Teach said...

This is so very cute! I love the idea of creating things to accompany dolls that are durable and will last.

Donna @ Modern on Monticello said...

So adorable and also so nice of you to surprise something with sweet homemade items with their dolls. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers