Thursday, April 11, 2024

Our Generation Monet Dress



A while back I stumbled upon Michelle Ratman's doll patterns on Etsy. I picked up some Barbie and 18 inch doll patterns that were easy to make and inexpensive to buy. A wonderful combo for someone looking to make stuff to donate. While I do like a challenge occasionally to learn something new for the most part my goal is to complete as many outfits as possible for the dolls I donate that kids will enjoy using with their new Christmas dolls.

This was a really straight forward pattern. This is a one piece, no buttons or snaps required. In the future I may experiment with that to see if I can get a better fit for the My Life doll but it worked really well for the Our Generation doll as written. I'm thinking if I don't join I might get a better fit for the shoulders with the My Life. I plan on experimenting with this later to see if I can get an outfit from this for the My Life doll as well.

The pattern does not come with shoes. The shoes are from an out of print Sweet Silver Creations pattern.

Notes:

I used an F hook for the Our Generation Doll.

I mention the Monet Red Heart Super Saver because I've been using lots of striped yarn and this requires more of a variagated yarn than striped. I wanted to remember what color worked for this project.

As with many of my projects I needed to add rows to get to the knee length.

2 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and for your kind words and prayers for my husband and our family during this difficult time...
Hugs,
Deb
Debbie-Dabble Blog

Stephanie said...

The colors that you went with look beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #33.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers