Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Friday, October 2, 2026
Our Generation Boy Prince
I made this in 2024 for the donation but while I added some new items to his wardrobe last year this one fell out of the rotation. I wanted to get it back in for 2026.
This is part of Pamela Yarborough's Snow White three pattern set. However, you can buy just the Prince outfit here.
I've been assembling the pieces of this outfit between other doll outfits over the course of the last two weeks. I find it easier to handle these projects with multiple pieces tackling them between other projects.
Notes:
The outfit is made primarily with Red Heart Super Saver. I knew from last year I needed a lighter yarn for the yellow trim so I went with Herrschner's DK yarn that was in my stash using a G hook. This was a much neater look than using worsted 4 for the trim.
I use an I hook for the one piece pants and shirt. After reading last year's notes I added three rows to the pant legs as I do not connect the boots to the pants. This makes it much easier for little hands to get the outfit on and off. If this was going to be a make and display I'd consider doing as written but tucking the pants into the boots works fine and means a child can put the clothes on and off.
As my guage can vary I make the boots first using a g hook. This allows me to test the length of the pants to make sure they are long enough to tuck the boots into the pants. The added row I suggested from last year worked well.
Two other changes relating to the boots were that I changed all brown yarn to black in this pattern. To allow the pants to tuck into the boot tops I crochet the first round of the cuff in back loops so it will bend over top of the boot.
The belt was also changed from the pattern to make it easier to get on and off the doll. I used a K hook and chained 50. I chose not to join but use a snap to close in the back as sliding it on and off over multiple layers is more challenging. If it was a one time display situation it wouldn't be much of an issue but if a doll is going to be changing than simple is better.
I needed a K hook for the Tunic and as mentioned above used DK yarn and a G hook to finish around the edges.
Having just resupplied my red I decided to go with red for his cape using a K hook. I would stick with that next time. I liked the look. Just a note for future projects the chains reattach to the sides of the cape. The directions are there but for some reason this puzzled me this time. My previous notes suggested using a G hook for the black sections of the cape I would suggest doing that next time as well.
If you want the crown pattern you will need to buy the Snow White set here. The crown pattern comes from the Evil Queen's pattern. I've been using it for the Prince as I've yet to get to the Evil Queen.
I used an M hook to get the crown to fit over the rather puffy hair of the Our Generation Boy. I did not use the suggested red trim.
One more personal note because this always panics me my copy is the complete set double sided so the Prince pattern is tucked in with Snow White and the Queen and can not be separated out like I've done with some of my other sets. When I look for this pattern again look for the set not a single pattern.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment