Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter Eggs


I wanted to crochet Easter eggs this year for my own decorations and to give to family for safe holiday decorations for younger children and pretty decorations for older ones. I looked at several of the free patterns listed in the Easter resources, but most I found were for the Easter egg covers.






















I tried several patterns from the Internet and books and eventually settled on the egg pattern found in Amigurumi World. The pattern was quick and easy to follow. I chose to use up some left over variegated yarn. I had cotton yarn left over from dishcloth projects and worsted weight yarn from winter projects. The pattern in the book uses white worsted yarn. I wanted striped eggs. Those who like single colored eggs might choose yarn in colors that suit their decorative style.



The reaction for those given so far has been positive. I made up a half a dozen to decorate the house here as well mailing or giving close to a dozen. They really work up quickly and it is fun to see how the variegated yarn takes shape in the egg pattern.

These pictures are my property and may not be reused without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers