Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Egg Dishcloth


My digital Crochet World subscription just yielded its first benefits. I downloaded this pattern from the April 2007 edition. This is actually a pot holder pattern, but I adapted it into a dishcloth. The Sugar 'n Cream Yarn makes great dishcloths that are easy to clean. I usually substitute it for pot holder yarn requirements.

There are several different styles of decorated eggs in this pattern including a plain egg, stripes, and various shapes.

This was the first time I have used a chart when crocheting. I know they are common in knitting, but most of the crochet patterns I have used to date are written out. It was great getting a chance to practice on a basic pattern. I have avoided some of the more complicated patterns because of the charts.

If I want to do more work with charts, I will need to work on color changes. The ability to make changes cleanly is what creates the patterns.

Free Holiday Patterns Available on the Following Blog Pages:

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

St. Patrick's Day

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers