Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Baby Doll Sunset Dress


Well technically I can't claim this is part of my plan to destash my orphan yarn. The truth is as soon as my supply of Red Heart Super Saver Fruity Stripe is close to being finished it will be replaced in my stash. I love the colors in this yarn and and constantly finding ways to use it. It will only disappear from my stash when it is discontinued and that will be after I hit all the local stores to stock up on it before I can't get it any longer. But enough about my yarn obsession.


I found myself wanting to work with some bright vibrant colors and this yarn has been calling to me for some weeks. Generally I use this yarn and this pattern for the 18 Inch doll but it seemed like a good time to expand the options for baby doll outfits. You can find this free pattern here.

I use an H hook for both the baby doll and the 18" dolls or I find with my gauge the dress is too tight with the suggested g hook.

At some point I will write down the pattern for this hat, but I'm still playing with it.

The shoes are from the free Peachy Keen pattern found here. I don't see myself changing at this point the shoes are easy to make and don't fall off the doll's feet. I do need an I hook to get them to fit the JC Toys, La Baby 16-inch Pink Soft Baby Doll but that is a small change to make if they stay on the feet.

1 comment:

betty-NZ said...

That is such a cute little dress!


Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers