Monday, February 15, 2021

Lots to Love 10 Inch Baby Doll Romper with Tam



A very kind woman from Ravelry's charity knitting group, which does include crochet members, offered me a box of Herrschner's brand worsted and sport weight yarn.

It was one of those odd timed moments as I just finished working on the first 10" doll project and realized that while I'd been trying to kill my Herrschner's supply of yarn as part of my destashing plan it was actually the perfect yarn for the 10" doll and I was looking at ordering more in my near future.

I quickly replied yes and a box of delightful yarn showed up at my house.

This is the first outfit I've completed for the dolls but it won't be the last. I just wanted to thank her for her kindness.

This pattern is part of the free Berenguer Baby Layette pattern you can find here. The booties are not part of this pattern but are part of the pattern set so you can include them or not as you choose.

Notes:

I made a note on my previous blog about this pattern set that the booties needed a g hook not the 7 and I didn't write in on the pattern.

These booties are a little larger than they should be as a result. I have since written a note on the pattern and made a note here so that should help with future projects.

I did not add the additional 3dc in row 9 but crochet around evenly and then divided the legs after doing total of 11 rounds. I did not use elastic for the legs. This would make the openings rounder and tighter but it also is more work. This method worked for me. The button on the front is optional. I've been collecting buttons to add to projects for some time and if I don't start using them up it could become an issue.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers