Friday, February 12, 2021

16 Inch Baby Doll Bib



While the Melissa & Doug Baby Food & Bottle Setincludes a baby bib there is no guarentee it will fit the larger sized baby doll therefore I decided I will include bibs in the three doll diaper bags. I bought this set primarily for the feeding accessories that are not easily crocheted. The bib wasn't a priority.

You can find the free bib pattern here. As with most doll patterns I have to adapt it to fit the specific doll. To fit the JC Toys 16-inch Soft Body Baby Doll I need to chain 16 to start and then complete 20 rows before beginning shaping round. A note I keep forgetting to make is I chain 40 for the bib ties. I experimented this time and anything less and it is a bit tight tying it on the doll.

I'm interested to experiment to see if the original pattern will fit the JC Toys - Lots to Love Babies 14" Dollor if I will need to add stitches and rows to get it to fit.

I need one more bib for the 16" doll before I tackle the 14" Lots to Love doll.

2 comments:

Donna Reidland said...

This is adorable. I need to share it with my mom. She loves making doll clothes.

Kate on thin ice said...

I need someone to teach me crochet again. I used to do it as a child and miss it. #MMBC #MondayMorningBlogClub

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers