Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Moses Basket



I've been committed to finishing off the accessories early in the year to avoid any last minute crisis when I realize I never made ... It helps to rotate the projects. Some projects are quick and easy and good for certain quick moments. Others are harder on my hands and a break between them is always welcome. However, as long as I keep rotating them in until they are done I will feel better knowing I'm better placed for this year's donation.

This is the second of three of the smaller moses baskets I need for the donation. I still need to make one for the Lil Cutesies Doll. With a larger head I'm going to make a carrier between the size of this one and the large Lots of Love 10 inch doll as that one was too large.

This moses basket is made using a pattern found in Annie Potter's Sweet Baby Doll Layette leaflet that you can purchase here. The blanket is a free pattern set for the Lots to Love 10 inch Baby Doll found here.

Notes:

As these patterns are designed for a slightly larger doll there are some adjustments required.

I used a g hook for the Moses basket and added more rows to the bottom of the basket.

I will continue with the smaller hook and add additional rows for the Lil Cutesies doll as the H hook made the basket too large for the doll and this basket was a bit tight with the larger head. I will test the sizing as I go along but this was close so I think a few more rows should make it comfortable without worrying about the doll rolling out. I also add rows to the side of the basket for the same reason.

If you want to move the doll or store it in the carrier having it constantly roll out is not a great plan. For this reason I don't add a mattress to the baskets. It makes it more likely that the doll will roll out.

For the blanket I experimented with hooks and using Red Heart Ombres Anemone I used an F hook with the suggested number of rows

1 comment:

Shannon @ Of The Hearth said...

My daughters would love this! They would carry it everywhere.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers