Thursday, April 13, 2023

Seed Stitch Doll Afghan



Doll blankets used to be my go to travel projects when I had to sit and wait for appointments, etc. However, when COVID hit most of my meetings were remote and thankfully I have a great group from Crochetville who kept up the supply of doll blankets. I started bringing the baby doll sacks and the sleeping bags with me as I waited and when those ran out I realized it was time to begin doll blankets again.

This pattern comes from Michelle Crean's Annabelle's Afghan patterns that can be purchased here. This is the seed stitch one in the set.

Oddly this is the second blanket I started for the donation. I had some other Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn in my stash but sadly almost enough is not enough and I need part of a second skein to finish off the first one. When I got the yarn in I decided to start a second blanket as I was going on an all day outing and wanted a project I could used during down time. Finishing off blanket one wasn't a great fit for that outing so I decided to start a new blanket. Finishing blanket 2 just seemed like a good idea as I was over half way through the blanket.

Notes:

Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn Bunny Tracks

K Hook

Start with 70 Chains for larger dolls

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers