Friday, March 16, 2012

Pig and Pancake




I finished the Pig from If You Give a Pig a Pancake yesterday. This free pattern, found here provided a few more challenges than the mouse. The sweater was adorable, but lacked a few instructions regarding the arms. I would also suggest ignoring the direction to sew on the tail during assembly and wait until you put the sweater on the pig. I ended up adjusting the sweater to accommodate the tail. If I had waited, I likely would have chosen a better location to sew the tail.




I recently discovered the new owner is a huge fan of the book series. These toys will be a welcome Easter addition.

As an additional note, this pattern had the easiest directions I have seen for adding easy crochet butter and syrup to pancakes. So, if you are interested in pancakes and not the pig, this also may be the pattern for you.

If you arrived here looking for free toy patterns please see the following pages:

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food

Hello Kitty

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Pictures may not be used without permission.

4 comments:

C.Mahan said...

I'm loving the pancake! I know you mentioned the the past about you and your mom donating boxes of crafts. I was curious do you donate to the same place year-round and for the holidays or do your holiday creations have a family member they are being sent to? I have always been curious as to who gets your cuteness!

Sheltie Times said...

Mom and I do donations, mostly dolls clothes and some crochet toys for a Christmas Charity. During the summer there is a hospital toy drive that I do small toys that the kids can have in the hospital. The holiday boxes go to a family member with 3 kids and a fourth one on the way. The other child I used to crochet for has kind of outgrown the holiday stuff.

Karin said...

Your pig and pancake are adorable.

Unknown said...

The pig and the pancake turned out lovley. The pigs snout is well done!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers