Friday, October 16, 2020

Pig Finger Puppet



Having finished the farm box from Leisure Arts Busy Baby Boxesit is time to make the rest of the finger puppets. I've already completed the chicken, but I put off doing the rest until I finished the box.

Most of the finger puppets I've made have been crocheted in the round. These are made in 2 pieces and sewn together. I found this has made sewing the faces and other details on them slightly easier. Even making two sides they work up rather quickly.



I like the play design of this box which allows children to have the puppets interact with the box or they can tell their own stories with the puppets. As I mentioned in a previous post about the bottom section of the box this has led me to consider adding something to the box for storage of the puppets. I've decided to wait until I complete all the puppets to determine how much storage I need to decide what to add.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers