Tuesday, November 28, 2023

16 Inch Baby Doll Bib



Every year I try to knock off these small diaper bag items early in the year. The bibs are a quick between project or a short time project so they often get worked off early.

This is part of a free pattern set that includes the bib, a jar, and a spoon found here..

I send the donations off with the Melissa and Doug Time to Eat Feeding Kit because there are just certain items that add more play value than I can create with crochet.

The food jars aren't stuffed for play value but without stuffing they create challenges. I've tried making them but the lids are really hard to keep on the jars and the crocheted utensils are not nearly as fun as the ones that come in the kits. I'm honest about what works.

While the kit includes a bib it is designed for a slightly smaller doll so while it isn't an issue with the feeding items as a few inches in length, head and neck size aren't as big a deal with the feeding items, it can make a difference to the bib fitting around the doll's neck. So I always make one for each of the three larger baby dolls. It can't hurt to have an extra since stuff gets lost and I know at least this one fits the doll I bought.

That being said this pattern is also not designed for a larger doll so I've adapted it to fit the larger JC 16 inch baby doll.

To get this bib to fit the larger doll I've made the following adjustments:

Start with a chain 16

Continue pattern for 20 rows

Row 21 do row 11 neck shaping

Chain 40 stitches for ties

Reminder to myself since I forgot last year, this bib is a bit large even without adjustments for the Lots to Love 14 Inch Baby doll. Needlecrafts Shop's Sweet Cuddles 971016 leaflet is a better fit and I should pull it out to use for the smaller doll.

Good news with the Black Friday sales I have the feeding kits put away already for the 2024 donation!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers