Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hamburger Amigurumi


This was the pattern that convinced me to purchase Simply Amigurumi: 10 Crochet Projects. I received a request for more play food for a pretend kitchen for Christmas. While I have some food patterns, this cheeseburger pattern was the best I have seen so far.

The pattern calls for Bernat Satin, Caron Simply Soft, and Red Heart's Soft. I am in a destashing mode and I used Caron One Pound, Red Heart Super Saver, and Vanna's Choice that I had on hand.

What I found original about this pattern is the way the items were put together. The cheese was not made as a traditional square, which is what I had anticipated. The burger was created in one piece but had an upper and lower piece to give the burger depth without stuffing it. The lettuce was a fun pattern to work on and the tomatoes were different from what I previously seen.

I still have not found a burger bun pattern I like. I pinned the buns together and this helped with shaping them a bit.



One criticism I do have about this pattern is that it does not have all the directions written out. Some people will state this is the sign of a lazy crocheter, but I like having my directions written out line by line. I am not a fan of a math project in the middle of my crocheting. I ended up writing out the directions for the increases and decreases in the book for future reference.

If you arrived here looking for free toy patterns please see the following pages:

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food

Hello Kitty

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Pictures may not be used without permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers