Thursday, November 5, 2020

Crochet Cherry Pie



I've been looking through my play food pattern binder and crochet food books to find patterns for the Thanksgiving box. I ran across the Cherry Pie pattern in AmiguruMe Eats: Make Cute Scented Crochet Foodsand loved the textured look of the pie pattern. Most of the patterns I'd been looking at had smooth sides to the pie edges. I loved the bumbpy filling as the pattern directions called this one. I'm hoping to make a piece of blueberry pie to go in the box as well.

You might think I'm a huge pie eater, but I'm not. I occasionally have a slice of apple but pie isn't really my favorite sweet. However, making a wide variety of pies was always a Thanksgiving staple in my house growing up and seeing these crochet pies has brought back some really nice childhood memories that I thought to pass on to others.



Just a note to those of you who might be curious about the scented portion of the book title. There are directions for adding scent to the food projects. It is not something that is required when making the food projects. I have no interest in adding scent to these toys, so I've ignored the directions without it changing the pattern. For those of you interested,the directiosn are available in the book.

2 comments:

Jayne said...

This is so lovely! My kids spend ages playing with their toy foods and creating restaurant menus etc.
How nice that this project brought back memories for you. Thanks so much for sharing with #MMBC.

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Looks cute! Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 18, open until November 26.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers