Monday, November 30, 2020

First Doll Donation for 2021



Some where along the line Mom and I got our messages crossed. She sent me donations over the summer and I thought we were done for the year. She got busy and the day before Thanksgiving there was a rather large box at my door filled with doll clothing. Since the donation has already left for this year I have almost a complete bag of doll clothes for the Our Generation doll started for next year.


I was on the fence as to whether I was going to switch to the My Life dolls next year instead of doing both as most of the donations fit the My Life Doll but Mom's fit the Our Generation doll best so the day before Thanksgiving I found a pre Black Friday sale and got a buy one get one half off and already have my Our Generation dolls for next year's donation. Mom is promising more clothes before next year's deadline. I also find sometimes an outfit I make does fit one doll better than the other so it doesn't hurt to have both to send off.


While most items on this blog are crochet, as our most of the items donated for the toy drive from our group, Mom is the only knitter.











Mom sent me her first baby doll outfit. She is interested in making more so I picked up some patterns a Mary Maxim's $.99 sale the day before Thanksgiving for the different sized baby dolls I send. I also found her a few new 18" doll patterns as well. One of the free crochet bloggers that I get baby doll patterns from also makes knitted patterns so I downloaded and printed some of those for her as well. I'm hoping to get them off in her Christmas package.

2 comments:

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

How cute, love the bibbed overalls! Thanks so much for linking up with me at my party #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 19, open until December 26 at 12:05 am.

XmasDolly said...

Awwww Absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers