Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Playtime Romper

I purchased this pattern back in 2021 from Amy Carrico's Etsy shop, which is no longer open. It is showing available to purchase on Ravelry here.

Looking at my inventory list I realized while I've been rotating around the different types of dolls many of the baby dolls have been neglected and I need to focus on filling their bags for the donation. That led me to searching for my Carrico patterns that I knew I bought but had yet to make.

This came out a bit fluffier than I had wanted for the top. The first row doubles the chain stitches and since I intend to make a 2nd outfit this year I think I'm going to try a double followed by a single and see how that brings the size down a bit. It's supposed to be an oversize top but this top is just big.

I used Bernat Big Baby Sport Yarn Pink and White for this project. I used a C hook for until finishing the arm holes as it was a bit tight with a B. I will revert to B hook when trying changes for next outfit.

The pants and booties fit as written. I thought the hat was going to be tight so I added 2 increase rows. I'd try going as written next time as the end product is a little larger than I wanted.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Aw, what an adorable playtime romper! You always have the cutest little creations. Thank you for sharing with us at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #38.

Oombawka Design said...

The Playtime Romper turned out beautifully! Thank you for linking up at our weekly Crochet and DIY Link Party! You’ve been featured this week in our post this week:
https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/crochet-flower-bookmark-butterfly-gift-bag-playtime-romper-for-baby-doll-link-party-552/
Thank you for taking the time to share your content with our readers!
Rhondda

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers